Library Science – Librarian
This position reports to the Dean of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, and Planning / Library Services. The position may be involved in any AVC Library area, working in conjunction and cooperation with other Library Science faculty. This is a full-time, 35 hour/week tenure track faculty position.
- Teach for-credit Library Science courses both in-class and online.
- Deliver reference services to students, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Participate in the planning, development, implementation and assessment of information literacy
- instruction and resources, both general and discipline specific, at all District locations and online.
- Conduct Research Methods Workshops.
- Collaborate with other librarians in the development and maintenance of print and online library
- learning materials/tutorials.
- Participate in the collection development of print and electronic resources.
- Coordinate assessment activities with other librarians including, but not limited to, reference
- statistics, constituent surveys, and learning outcomes.
- Make recommendations in the selection of instructional equipment, materials, technology, and
- online products.
- Participate in curriculum development of the Library Science courses.
- Assist in the management and maintenance of the AVC Library web page.
- Contribute to the development of library policies and procedures.
- Participate in faculty / division meetings and college governance committees.
- Train other librarians and staff in library instruction and use of technologies as needed.
- Keep abreast of developments in the Library Science discipline by participating in District, state
- and national professional development activities.
- Ongoing professional development through the Faculty Professional Development Program or
- other sources is expected,
- Travel between District locations when necessary.
- Perform other professional duties as assigned.
- Ability to work productively and independently but also cooperatively and collegially.
- Experience or specialized training in teaching, curriculum development, the development of print
- and/or online instructional materials or the integration of technology in reference and
- Creative, committed, and knowledgeable about new trends and future directions in library
- information technologies, reference, distance learning, and virtual services.
- Knowledge and experience with standard reference tools and databases.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Position closes: 3/17/2020
For additional information and application: https://www.avc.edu/administration/hr/faculty