California State University Fullerton Pollak Library is seeking an energetic librarian who is innovative, technologically adept and service oriented, with a background in the life sciences or physical sciences.
The Science Librarian provides reference, instruction and outreach services for CSUF undergraduates, graduates, faculty and staff. Participates in the Library’s extensive instruction program, planning, teaching, and assessing faculty-requested library instruction sessions. Provides reference and research assistance to the campus community in person and via virtual reference. Serves as library liaison and subject consultant to both the College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics and the College of Engineering & Computer Sciences. Works with the Collections and Processing Unit to identify and select materials in subject areas, including science-related government information, develop accreditation reports, and monitor the approval plan. Creates and maintains online science related instructional materials and content for the library website. Serves on department, library, and university committees. Librarians at CSUF have faculty status and are expected to meet promotion and tenure requirements, including scholarly and professional activities.
Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Biology or Chemistry (or equivalent training and experience).
- Current experience in developing and teaching effective information literacy based library instruction sessions.
- Current experience in providing reference services and knowledge of academic databases
- Evidence of scholarly/professional activities (or interest/efforts toward such activities).
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment and on projects within other units of the library.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, and the wider campus community.
- Availability to work some weeknights and weekends.
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Knowledge of current practice in scholarly communication in the sciences
Rank & Salary
The position will be at the rank of Senior Assistant Librarian, tenure-track. Salary range will be from $57,060 to $62,766, commensurate with rank, experience and qualifications. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/documents/benefits/Faculty_Unit_3.pdf.
Job Control Number
August 1, 2013
For full consideration, all application materials must be received by June 28, 2013. Applications accepted until recommendations for appointments are made.
Applications will be accepted via e-mail at email@example.com. Please include in your email application 1) a letter of application to Richard C. Pollard, University Librarian, 2) your resume, and 3) names, addresses, and phone numbers of three references.
The University’s Web site is located at: (http://www.fullerton.edu)
The Library’s Web site (http://www.library.fullerton.edu)
The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State Fullerton is an Equal Opportunity/
Title IX/503/504/VEVRA/ADA Employer
Achieving A Climate of Success Through Diversity & Equity