CSU Channel Islands Broome Library has a temporary, full-time Public Services Librarian position open for spring. The application can be located at csucifacultyjobs.com.
Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives.
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position will work providing reference services to the campus community, and may include nights and weekends . The person in this position may also be assigned to work on project-related assignments such as LibGuides, copy cataloging, digital initiatives, developing outreach materials, teaching in the library instruction program, and other work.
Minimum Degree Requirements
- Applicants must have an ALA-accredited Masters degree in library and information science or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered but must have completed the MLS degree by January 20, 2021.
- Master of Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program
- Experience providing reference services
- Evidence of a strong commitment to service excellence to a diverse community including a focus on first-generation, Latinx, African-American, Native American, and other minoritized groups
- Evidence of flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work successfully in a complex, dynamic, and diverse environment with competing demands
- Evidence of effective cross-cultural interpersonal and communication skills (i.e., multicultural competencies)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a diverse community
- Applicants should demonstrate the commitment to effectively work with and engage a diverse student population and evidence of successful mentoring minoritized students with special focus on Latinx, African-American, and Native American students.
- As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Experience with Photoshop, LibGuides, Alma, Canvas, familiarity with bibliographic record formats and metadata systems is helpful.