This position directly supports the School of Information and oversees the wide and diverse suite of online teaching and learning objects that constitute a significant asynchronous portion of the Library’s instructional program. Experience or coursework in instructional technologies, instructional design, and online learning would be a solid foundation for this position. https://jobs.sjsu.edu/en-us/job/498930/ischool-librarian-senior-assistant
Potential candidates are invited to attend one of two informational webinars scheduled for February 4, 2021 from 1-2 pm PST and February 10, 2021 from 10-11 PST to learn more about the position, library, or University. Anonymity will be ensured, as the attendee list will be hidden. Further inquiries may be directed to the Search Committee Chair Peggy Cabrera, email@example.com.
- Collaborate with SJSU faculty/library liaison teams to assist in the creation, implementation, maintenance, and evaluation of SJSU Library’s wide and diverse suite of online teaching and learning objects, such as web-based tutorials, instructional videos, research guides, and web pages
- Maintain and promote knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and pedagogical principles in instructional design in an online environment, and provide training as needed
- Engage in the selection and evaluation of resources that support the curricular and research needs of iSchool students, faculty, and programs
- Offer reference, consultative, and instructional services to undergraduate, graduate students and faculty
- Strengthen SJSU library’s online presence and extend the library’s reach by identifying and embedding appropriate materials into the learning management system
- Remain current with trends and strategies in information literacy and instructional technology
- Participate in shared governance, usually in department, college, and university committee and other service assignments.
- Participate in multidisciplinary teams, library governance, professional development activities, and university service
- Build a record of progressive scholarly and professional achievement to fulfill the University requirement of retention, tenure, and promotion
- Address the needs of a student population of great diversity – in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language and academic preparation – through inclusive course materials and teaching strategies