Associate Dean Instructional Support Services
(Office of the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs)
San Francisco Community College District
Posting Number: 0130098
Filing Deadline (All postings close at 4:00 PM): 09-04-2013
Job Type: Administrative – Associate Dean
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide administrative leadership, supervision, and responsibility for the College Ocean Campus and educational center libraries: Rosenberg, Alice Statler, Downtown Center, Chinatown/North Beach Center, John Adams Center, Southeast Center, Mission Center, and the Teachers’ Resource Center.
2. Oversee the College’s Educational Technology department to provide educational programs and services that promote successful learning and student achievement and provide faculty training in the use of educational technologies and learning in face-to-face classrooms and via distance education.
3. Manage the production and updates of the Faculty Employee Handbook and other necessary instructional publications.
4. Supervise, evaluate, and manage the work of academic and classified staff in the Evening and Saturday Instructional Support Office.
5. Supervise, evaluate, and manage the department chairs for Library and Learning Resources, Library Information Technology, and Educational Technology.
6. Assist the Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction – Enrollment Management and Instructional Support Services in the printing and distribution of the Fall, Spring, and Summer time schedules and the College Catalog.
7. Assist the Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction – Enrollment Management and Instructional Support Services in recommending the conversion, construction, or acquisition of departmental facilities as needed to better serve instructional programs.
8. Serve as the liaison between the Library and Learning Resources and the instructional programs, and as the primary contact on Library and Learning Resources for local, state, and federal agencies.
9. Interpret and ensure compliance with a variety of applicable laws, rules, regulations and requirements, and relevant College policies and procedures.
10. Remain current in the latest technologies in the library and educational technology fields; anticipate and plan for the acquisition, implementation, and staff training of relevant technologies.
11. Maintain an understanding of current and emerging technologies, ideas, research, and practices related to the areas of responsibility through continued study and participation in professional organizations, workshops, and conferences.
12. Provide administrative oversight of the ongoing planning, budget, expenditures, and operations for the following areas: Educational Technology, Library and Learning Resources, Library Information Technology, including the Language Labs, and Faculty Support Services.
13. Meet regularly with library staff and with program advisory committees, and review and evaluate Library and Learning Resources curriculum.
14. Oversee the hiring of and provide leadership, administrative direction, and supervision to the classified staff in the following areas: Educational Technology, Library and Learning Resources, Library Information Technology, including the Language Labs, and Faculty Support Services. Delegate and review assignments and projects and establish clear expectations for effective performance and evaluation of work products and results.
15. Plan, research, write, coordinate, and continuously review grant proposals, including categorical grants, as well as foundation and other funding sources related to the areas of supervision.
16. Work with the Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction – Enrollment Management and Instructional Support Services and with department chairs on the Library and Learning Resources and Library Information Technology program reviews, accreditation standards, including determining and identifying appropriate staffing and technology resources for all College libraries.
17. Supervise, manage the workload, and evaluate the performance of classified staff in the following areas: Educational Technology, Library and Learning Resources, Library Information Technology, including the Language Labs, and Faculty Support Services.
18. Supervise, manage, evaluate, review, and monitor scheduling of assigned faculty.
19. Recommend and support professional development activities for academic and classified staff.
20. Supervise the professional conduct of staff and promote a work culture of cooperation, mutual support, and optimal student service; cooperates with Employee Relations in resolving personnel disciplinary matters and serves as a grievance officer on personnel disciplinary matters as applicable.
21. Participate collegially on Participatory Governance committees, and chair ad hoc committees as commissioned by the Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
22. Represent the College in local, regional, state, and national groups, organizations, K-12 schools, and post-secondary institutions.
23. Attend Board of Trustees’ meetings; make presentations and submit reports and action items related to areas of responsibility.
24. Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Vice Chancellor of Instruction – Enrollment Management and Instructional Support Services.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/383198