(Temporary, Part-Time Pool)
Posting Number: 0130140
Filing Deadline: 12-01-2014
(All postings close at 4:00 PM):
Job Type: Faculty – Part-Time Pool
Examples of Duties:
1. Provide research/reference assistance to students, faculty, the community, and staff, using electronic, print, and media-based materials and resources at the Rosenberg Library and at center libraries as assigned.
2. Provide instruction in the use of information resources and the development of information competency skills: a) on a one-to-one basis as part of reference service, b) for students enrolled in LIS 10: Use of Information Resources, c) in classroom/lab settings, d) for faculty professional development workshops, e) for special programs, such as the African-American Scholastic Program, Asian Pacific American Student Success Program, the Latino Services Network, at-risk students, ESL students, etc., as assigned.
3. Create library instructional and reference materials in electronic and print formats.
4. Actively promote the use of library resources and services by assisting faculty in identifying, locating, acquiring, offering, and using library resources and services to support classroom instruction; be an effective liaison to faculty in assigned departments/programs.
5. Participate as a team player in CCSF Library & Learning Resource committees, projects, and work groups; serve on college-wide committees, such as Shared Governance committees, Accreditation, Program Review, etc.
6. Assist in the design, development, implementation, and coordination of library services, resources, policies, and activities which will lead to student success, student retention, accommodation of learning styles, and instructional effectiveness; be proactive in implementing the information competency goals of the college; develop and assess appropriate SLOs.
7. Assess and promote the use of appropriate technologies, resources, and materials for instructional and reference purposes.
8. Perform professional responsibilities required of faculty members.
9. Must be flexible in adapting to changes in schedules and locations and be available to work late afternoons, evenings, and weekends at various center libraries or locations as required.
10. Perform other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Department Chair.
To apply, please visit our website at http://apptrkr.com/409676