Chabot-Las Positas Community College District
Chabot College is seeking an adjunct librarian to be in an on-going pool or to substitute as needed. Hours can include evenings or weekends. Chabot librarians teach effective research strategies in print and online resources and provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, classified professionals, and faculty.
Minimum Qualifications are a Master’s in library science, or library and information science, or the equivalent.
Candidates must demonstrate sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Desirable Qualifications are:
Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Familiarity with information competency/literacy concepts and programs
Experience providing instruction in an academic library
Experience teaching classes utilizing effective search strategies to access resource
Awareness of various learning styles and teaching strategies
Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and classified professionals including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies
Willingness to facilitate students’ learning by working to develop varied and innovative learning environments
Interest in promoting library services to a multicultural population
Experience with HTML, multimedia and presentation software
Experience with Libguides and various electronic databases
Excellent interpersonal and team collaboration skills
To be considered, please forward the following:
– Cover letter addressing minimum and desirable qualifications for the position
– Resume of all professional preparation and experience
– College transcripts (unofficial copies may be submitted for application purposes; however, official copies must be submitted before hiring.) Any degrees earned outside the United States must have a U.S. evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
– CLPCCD application available at http://apptrkr.com/404435
Submit packets to:
Heather Hernandez, Library Specialist, Chabot College HHernandez@chabotcollege.edu
*Directions to the adjunct application:
-Log onto our HR website (listed above)
-Scroll down to the bottom of page
– Click on the Adjunct Faculty Application link, located second from the bottom on the gold, left- hand navigation bar. (You will see your choice of Word or PDF).
Candidates invited to interview may be required to present a brief teaching demonstration on an assigned topic.