Reference and Instruction Librarian for the Social Sciences or the College of Environmental Design
Rank: Librarian/lecturer level (non-tenure-track, full-time, temporary position)
Starting Salary range: $48,444 -$58,044
Position description: The California State Polytechnic University, Pomona University Library is seeking a flexible, energetic, and technologically knowledgeable librarian to provide library and information services to either
1. The College of Environmental Design, which consists of the following departments: Architecture, Art, Landscape Architecture, Regenerative Studies, and Urban & Regional Planning or
2. Discipline(s) from the Social Sciences
The successful candidate will join a team committed to collaboration and public service. This position will have three major responsibilities:
 collection management for the assigned disciplines;  library instruction – this includes developing instructional materials in various formats for multiple platforms including LibGuides for the assigned disciplines; and  reference service – which involves providing reference services to students, faculty, and staff and participating in our web-based interactive reference services. This person reports to the Head of Reference and Instruction.
Desired Professional Attributes:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong commitment to meeting the information needs of the University community; a strong customer service orientation; an ability and desire to interact effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse cultural backgrounds; an ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines; and a willingness to take initiative in devising innovative and creative solutions. The successful candidate must possess personal skills and qualities that will ensure his/her ability to work cooperatively and effectively with library staff, faculty, and the Dean.
- ALA-accredited graduate degree in Library/Information Science or equivalent degree
- Customer service orientation and enthusiasm for public service
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff, and students in a culturally diverse and rapidly evolving environment
- Ability to participate in collection development and liaison activities with assigned departments
- Ability to work independently and as a team player in a dynamic environment and on a variety of projects simultaneously
- Ability and desire to promote library service and collections
- Experience providing reference service in an academic, public, or corporate library
- Experience conducting library presentations or teaching in an academic environment
- Experience with LibGuides and/or online tutorials
- Collection development experience
HOW TO APPLY: Application materials and questions about the position should be directed as follows.
Phone: (909) 869-3968
The application form is also available at http://academic.csupomona.edu/faculty/docs/application.pdf.
A completed application form is required of all persons wishing to be considered for this position. Send completed application form, resume, names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional references, and a letter of application addressing qualifications. Materials submitted by the candidate will be available for examination by all tenured and probationary librarians.
INTERVIEWS: An on-campus interview and presentation is required for finalists as well as official transcripts of all degrees earned.
CLOSING DATE: This position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by May 24. Early response is encouraged.
Position information is also available at: http://www.csupomona.edu/~library/about/jobs/index.shtml