West Coast University, a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking a Librarian for our Los Angeles South (Vermont) Campus. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Campus Academic Dean, plans, implements and coordinates the daily operations of the Learning Resource Center (LRC); develops, interprets and administers LRC policies, procedures, issues and activities; provides appropriate learning resources services with pertinent resources such as texts, journals, and periodicals; multi-media and/or electronic resources; computers; internet access, research databases; and other similar resources and equipment for students, faculty, and staff; and ensures applicable records administration in accordance with school policies and procedures and all applicable federal, state and accrediting agencies standards and regulations. Provides excellent customer service in order to increase student retention in accordance with the mission and purpose of the school. Ensures consistency of service and resources with other campuses. Participates in meetings with faculty and associates intended to ensure appropriate integration into the academic enterprise.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science (MLIS) from an accredited institution required
- Three to five years of progressively responsible related experience in a library setting
- Knowledge of library functions including cataloging, bibliographic instruction, use of Internet, use of online databases, and ability to provide reference services
- Knowledge of principles and practices of library science and technology and their application to use of reference tools, book selection criteria and methodology, and common library resources
- Knowledge of policies and procedures of the library and applicable state, federal and local laws, rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional service to students, faculty and associates
- Knowledge of publishing and resources for library materials; methods and techniques of research, statistical analysis and report presentation
- Proficient skills and experience in Microsoft Office computer software systems that includes word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team, and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education.
Full-time associates are eligible for an exceptional benefits package which includes:
Health, dental and vision plan
Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
401(k) Plan with employer match
Flexible Spending Account
Long/short term disability and more
To apply online please visit our Careers page: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH08/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=ACCWCU&cws=4&rid=4158.
To learn more about our University please visit our website: http://www.westcoastuniversity.edu.
To speak with a member of our team, please contact Carolyn Aranda, Talent Acquisition Partner, at cAranda@westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.