Western University of Health Sciences
Position Title: Associate Director of Reference and Outreach
Campus: Western University Campus-Pomona, CA
Western University is seeking applications for the position of Associate Director of Reference and Outreach. This position providesleadership, guidance, expertise, encouragement, and inspiration to a team of librarians & library staff whose mission is to enable and enhance the educational and research pursuits of WesternU faculty, staff and students. The Associate Director organizes, coordinates, administers, supervises and assesses comprehensive reference, research, education services in a dynamic, team-based, client-centered environment supported by advanced library technology; provides frontline supervision of reference services, supports resource development, provides online and face-to-face instructional services for curricular and scholarly endeavors; exerts leadership n developing, planning, and implementing innovative services, collections, and programs that both anticipate and respond to the complex technological and information needs of a diverse population.
1. Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program.
2. Five+ years’ experience in an academic setting or health sciences library.
3. Three – five years of supervisory experience.
4. Experience developing instructional sessions and employing effective teaching techniques.
1. Bachelor’s degree in the sciences or subject background in the health sciences.
2. Supervisory experience in an academic setting.
3. Experience with social media, online learning environments, and digital reference services.
Special Instructions to Applicants Incomplete applications will Not be considered and no telephone calls please.
No Closing Date/Open Until Filled
Job details at https://jobs.westernu.edu/postings/2224
Western University of Health Sciences (www.westernu.edu), located in Pomona, Calif. and Lebanon, Ore., is an independent nonprofit health professions university, conferring degrees in biomedical sciences, dental medicine, health sciences, medical sciences, nursing, optometry, osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, physical therapy, physician assistant studies, podiatric medicine and veterinary medicine. The Chronicle of Higher Education named WesternU a Great College to Work For in 2012 and 2013.