Information Search Specialist- San Francisco, CA
The Science business of Thomson Reuters provides information and knowledge to accelerate research, discovery and innovation. Our authoritative, accurate and timely information is essential for drug companies to discover new drugs and get them to market faster; researchers to find relevant papers and know what’s newly published in their subject; and businesses to optimize their intellectual property and find competitive intelligence. We will create the research platforms and services of the future that will power our customers toward business and personal success.
- Staffs the Customer Technical Support desk phones as assigned; provides, records, and follows-up responses within the global Service Level Agreements (SLAs). Knows and achieves these SLAs.
- Duplicates customer problems, and if possible, solves them. Follows up on customer inquiries, referring them to appropriate departments. Provides Thomson Reuters staff with full descriptions of problems.
- Provides Customer Technical Support staff and project management with solution documentation for bugs, fixes, and form letters and standardized responses.
- Proposes technical support policy to the Manager, represents the department when dealing with other Science divisions. She/he is responsible for coordination with project and product management and regularly reports on these activities in monthly meetings with our global support teams and in weekly meetings with the department manager.
- Prepares tables, schedules, reports and other documentation on activities. Fully documents all customer cases.
- Attends staff and global support meetings, reporting on activities.
- Facilitates an effective and efficient work flow through the Customer Technical Support department, working closely with the Manager. Acts as a point person and monitors problem accounts in conjunction with the Manager. Trains and supports newer members of the Customer Technical Support team. Initiates and completes projects that have an impact on Customer Technical Support’ systems, marketing and on the customer and staff bases and work flow.
- Continues to develop technical and database content knowledge by monitoring computer and information industry trends and by taking courses and attending training.
- Deputizes for team members / your line manager as and when required.
- Takes responsibility for identifying their own training and development on an on-going basis.
- Makes positive efforts to promote personal safety and that of others by taking reasonable care at work, by carrying out the requirements of the law or following recognized codes of practice provided or advised by management to ensure safe working practices.
- Undertakes any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager/director on a permanent or temporary basis.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
About the IP & Science Business of Thomson Reuters
The IP & Science business is a global provider of information solutions to assist professionals at every stage of research and development and ensure they maintain and extract maximum value from their intellectual assets.
IP & Science is part of Thomson Reuters (www.thomsonreuters.com), the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. Scientific information solutions can be found at thomsonreuters.com.
- Degree in information or computer sciences. MLIS preferred.
- Positive interpersonal communication and problem finding and problem solving skills. Ability to identify, isolate and communicate problems from and to all levels of users and technical staff, including negotiating critical times and dates to expedite service. Ability to distill and communicate, both in verbal and written form, technical information in terms customers will understand.
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to remember the status of multiple reported/resolved/outstanding problems and yet be able to focus on one task at a time. Ability to meet deadlines. Can set priorities and be flexible in changing environment.
- Familiarity with Call Center Technology and previous experience a plus.
- Ability to work in call center environment supporting customers external to the organization via phone and email required within established service level agreements.
- In-depth knowledge of web product delivery, architecture, software and middleware applications, electronic product delivery systems, computers, network operating systems, network architecture/infrastructure is required.
- In-depth knowledge of database searching and analysis functions, file management, electronic publishing, the patent/literature scholarly process and the drug development process is required.
- Knowledge of Thomson Reuters products and services.
- Knowledge of and adherence to Thomson Reuters support policies.
- Service orientation providing empathetic customer support within policy guidelines and established procedures. Well organized and disciplined with regards policy, procedure and standards.
- Awareness of Company vision and goals.
- A good team player with the ability to work on own initiative.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2014 fiscal year (October 1, 2013-September 30, 2014).