OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is a nonprofit, membership, computer library service and research organization dedicated to the public purposes of furthering access to the world’s information and reducing information costs. Tens of thousands of libraries around the world use OCLC services to locate, acquire, catalog, lend and preserve library materials. We are currently seeking a Member Relations Outreach Coordinator at our Corporate Headquarters located in Dublin, Ohio.
Manages OCLC Member Relations events, activities and communications to strengthen relationships with all U.S. Members and to facilitate internal and external communications between OCLC and the membership. Works with the Member Relations team to ensure the satisfaction, engagement and participation of members across the U.S.
Member Relations Outreach: Plan, manage, execute, monitor and report on all Member Relations activities.
- Oversight, maintenance and content management of the internal SharePoint site for Member Relations and the OCLC external Member Relations website pages, eNews, and blog
- Plan, write and disseminate bi-monthly regional member updates for 5 regions, create content in CQ, work with staff to pull member lists, monitor responses, manage related sites (e.g., Pinterest, Facebook)
- Oversee and coordinate communications and collateral for all Member Liaisons meetings, conferences, events, and presentations
- Monthly tracking and reporting of all member communications, tweets, Facebook
- Develop reports to provide internal feedback on issues, comments, and trends from each of the member regions
- Track and report on market penetration of OCLC announcements
- Participate in weekly OCLC editorial meetings, monthly segment meetings
- Identify key messages and communications for bi-monthly distribution to members working with internal marketing and product staff across the organization
- Coordinate logistics and supervise the execution of all Member Relations events and webinars
- Create “tweets” of OCLC messaging for Member meetings as needed
- Maintain and update organization-wide conference calendar with Member and Partner events/activities, as well as assisting others in company with use and updating events on conference calendar as time permits.
- Identify other strategic venues, topics and stories for communication about Member OCLC activities.
Member Events & Activities: Works with Member Relations team to identify and develop programming for Members.
- Works to develop a holistic approach to planning with an eye towards repurposing and re-using existing event topics, agendas, and presentations.
- Work with internal groups (marketing, product portfolios, research, ARC), to ensure plans fully correspond with product and service directions and needs.
- Responsible for the development and coordination of 25-30 annual Member meetings per year in collaboration with the Member Relations Liaisons for each region. .
- Responsible for the development and coordination of 3-12 Collective Insight events per year in collaboration with the Collective Insight Steering Committee.
- Ensure compliance with all internal event planning and communications processes & procedures.
- Responsible for staying aware of OCLC activities, programs, news, updates, products and services and their timelines to ensure proper positioning of messaging and event delivery.
- Liaison to Partners to review program proposals, identifying and working with appropriate OCLC staff for content and/or speaking opportunities, tracking of deliverables and budget, reviewing invoices for payment.
- Point person for coordination of all event logistics and on-site materials.
- Participates and attends events as appropriate.
- Tracks leads and forwards to appropriate OCLC staff, updates RMS and tracks registrations and communications activities.
- For some events, identify host sites; work with group hosts to identify learning objectives, discussion questions and practice use of WebEx or other technology.
- Set up Webinars, capture recordings and distribute recordings to partners.
- Manage viewing party program and activities
Finance, Budgeting and Reporting:
- Responsible tracking and monitoring of cost center accounts and budget for all reporting including creation of reports, tracking expense budgets and reconciling operations budgets, invoices as needed.
- Monitor RCR reports, assist with annual budget planning, and reconcile accounts as needed working with other cost center managers and accounts payable.
- Responsible for oversight and tracking of $400,000 in annual compensation allocations to Partners; verify Partner invoices for executive director approval; Research and resolve Partner billing, budget and/or compensation questions or issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing/Business or related field; Library experience or Library degree preferred
- 3-5 years experience in communications, marketing, or member relations with expertise in use of social media tools and technologies.
- Exemplary customer service skills; ability to work with a variety of OCLC members, customers and staff
- MS Office expert level; strong in use of excel and excel charts/graphs.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in events planning or management
- Experience in managing budgets
- Self-starter; able to work independently; flexibility, team-oriented
- Demonstrated excellence in both written and oral communications
- OCLC experience or familiarity with OCLC
- Experience using virtual meeting technologies