The California Digital Library (CDL) is hiring a Service & Outreach Manager to promote access to and awareness of a world-class collection of historical and primary source digital materials, aggregated at the statewide and national level through our services. Your enthusiasm and expertise will be put to work helping us share the remarkable, one-of-a-kind collections held by California’s cultural heritage institutions and create an engaging online environment for research, teaching, and exploration.
About the position
As a member of the CDL’s Publishing & Special Collections group, the Service & Outreach Manager will support a product portfolio comprised of the Online Archive of California (OAC), Calisphere, and associated services such as the UC Shared DAMS. We are committed to helping institutions of varying sizes and technical infrastructure leverage these services in order to expand access to their collections within California and beyond. Working within cross-functional development and operations teams, the position will:
- serve as a product and service liaison with contributors, end-users, and other constituents,
- design and coordinate marketing and outreach programs to promote broad awareness of the portfolio, and
- provide technical consultation and support for users of the products/services.
Our team continually seeks new and creative ideas for supporting our constituents. This position has the potential to develop fresh approaches to our work, including involvement in core activities such as:
- designing and working with the development/operations team to implement new user features on product websites,
- providing consultation and training for existing contributors to support continued use of the services and conducting outreach with new contributors to help them publish content in OAC and Calisphere,
- conducting marketing campaigns to promote the visibility of new collections, and
- evaluating the use of the services, through a periodic review of usage data analytics and an impact assessment study.