URL to Job Posting: http://tinyurl.com/q4bxqge
URL to Job Application: http://tinyurl.com/nsqedst
Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd, Hayward, CA 94545
Chabot – Library
This position is full-time, tenure-track, 2015-2016 Academic Year. Employment will begin on or about October 21, 2015.
$56,202 – $80,348/annual
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian (Systems) for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
Representative Duties and Job Characteristics:
The Librarian shall:
1. Manage, plan, administer and evaluate all aspects of OCLC Worldshare, the Library’s integrated library system.
2. Provide original & final cataloging to library materials that are new or unique to Chabot College Library.
3. Final responsibility for all cataloging policies & procedures w/in Worldshare system.
4. Coordinate with and train library technicians on circulation and copy cataloging in the Worldshare system.
5. Act as key member of library team in developing, coordinating, implementing and evaluating the library’s programs and services.
6. Provide reference services in a multimedia environment to students, staff and faculty.
7. Provide library outreach activities to the college community.
8. Teach effective information competency research strategies.
9. Act as a library liaison to at least one instructional division.
10. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
11. Participate in campus and district professional activities, which may include but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, and collegial meetings.
12. Teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning and/or off campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular librarian assignment.
13. Demonstrate a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Minimum Education & Experience:
Master’s degree in library science, or library and information science, OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying.
Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2015 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in place of that states you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Minimum Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the following: AACRII revised, RDA, Library of Congress Subject Headings, MARC format, OCLC.
2. Experience providing innovative and creative leadership in the development of library programs and services.
3. Experience with the functions of Worldshare or other integrated library system’s administrative functions.
4. Experience running reports and retrieving data from an integrated library system, preferably Worldshare.
5. Experience providing information competency instruction in an academic library.
6. Experience providing reference services in an academic library setting.
7. Enthusiastic approach to working collaboratively with students, faculty and staff including those who have not had an opportunity to use new technologies.
8. Experience in outreach activities for students and faculty.
Please provide a response to the following question on your own titled paper.
Please write an essay of up to 250 words that discusses information literacy and the community college student.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Required Applicant Documents:
Personal Qualifications Statement
Transcripts / Credentials
Response to Supplemental Question #1
For further inquiries, please contact Human Resources at: email@example.com