California State University, Dominguez Hills
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Posted: August 28, 2015
Deadline: First consideration given to those who apply by October 5, 2015, with applications accepted until position is filled.
Associate Dean, University Library
California State University, Dominguez Hills seeks a dynamic, innovative, highly motivated and experienced professional to join its leadership team in continuing to make its Library a vibrant center for learning, teaching, and research. Reporting to the Dean, the Associate Dean supports the vision for the Library’s mission, strategic planning, and goals. The Associate Dean directs and evaluates the work of several library staff and provides leadership and oversight to the Library faculty. In collaboration with the Dean, the Associate Dean plays a significant role in all aspects of Library-wide planning, budgeting, personnel planning and management, planning for new services, policy and procedures development, assessment, marketing, and oversight of daily Library operations. The Associate Dean will assume project responsibility for CSUDH’s implementation of the California State University Unified Library Management System (ULMS), represent the Library and Dean at meetings and events both on-and off-campus, prepare reports as needed, and assume leadership for the Library in the Dean’s absence and other responsibilities and initiatives as required.
- ALA-accredited MLIS or equivalent required.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in academic or research libraries, which includes a minimum of three years supervising the work of others.
- Sound grasp of current issues and trends in academic libraries, including digital scholarship, information literacy, emerging technologies for teaching and learning, collection development and management, high impact learning practices, and assessment of learning and services for continuous improvement.
- Experience managing academic library budgets.
- Demonstrated interest and skill in collaborating with individuals and groups within and beyond the library, across the campus, and in the broader regional and library professional communities.
Complete information about the position, required and preferred qualifications, and application procedures may be found at http://apptrkr.com/661886.
CSUDH is an equal employment opportunity employer, and is strongly committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workforce. The University actively encourages applications from all qualified individuals.