Pepperdine Libraries invites applications for the position of Director for Library Advancement and Public Affairs. The Director, who serves on the Dean’s administrative team, works closely with a variety of partners throughout the Pepperdine community to develop and lead a multi-faceted fundraising, marketing, and cultural programming effort for the Pepperdine Libraries. This position will strategically communicate and advance the mission of the Libraries.
- Develop and manage a public relations program for the Libraries in coordination with the university’s public affairs office.
- Develop and produce marketing materials for the Libraries.
- Actively promote and advocate for the Libraries.
- Expand the Libraries’ relationships with donors, prospects, Friends of the Library, and Library Associates through special events, membership development programs, and other means, leading to increased financial support for the Libraries and its initiatives.
- Coordinate the rich offering of lectures, panels, exhibitions, and other cultural programming presented by the Libraries.
- Obtain philanthropic support for important projects and programs by successfully obtaining grant funds from internal and external sources.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Read the rest of this entry »