Holy Names University Cushing Library seeks a creative, dynamic, team-oriented individual to lead the Library’s Information Literacy initiatives and develop learning outcomes and assessment practices related to instruction. Primary responsibilities include energetically leading information literacy services, providing research assistance, and conducting instructional workshops. Some evening and weekend work is required. This is a full-time, 12-month position.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Lead, develop, guide, and evaluate the planning, implementation, and assessment of all information literacy and instruction activities.
- Collaborate with faculty and librarian liaisons to develop, customize, and integrate library instructional modules into courses using the university’s Learning Management System (Canvas).
- Lead the development and assessment of broad-based library instruction materials utilized by faculty.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend technologies essential to the design and delivery of in-person and online instructional services.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging trends, best practices, and pedagogical principles, including but not limited to the ACRL Framework for Information Literacy for Higher Education.
- Develop, maintain, and report/disseminate statistical and other information related to the library’s instructional activities.
- Coordinate and oversee any necessary training for use of instructional facilities and equipment.
- Oversee Research Desk onboarding, training, and scheduling.
- Provide specialized research assistance to students, faculty, and visiting scholars, both on-site and remotely.
- Establish information literacy goals and strategies, and promote instructional offerings.
- Produce and manage web-based resource guides and similar tools for supporting information literacy and research services.
- Maintain awareness of best practices and trends in library information literacy and instruction.
- Serve as a library liaison to one or more academic units providing customized services.
- Actively evaluate assigned collection areas to determine quality, currency, and relevance; make removal and purchasing recommendations.
- Participate in marketing and outreach efforts of the library by coordinating orientation efforts, promotional events, and other activities.
- Actively engage in scholarly and professional activities with campus, local, and national committees, and organizations.