January 17, 2021
For full information, see: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/santarosajc/jobs/2907820/public-services-librarian-petaluma-campus.
Filing Deadline: February 18, 2021
It is the candidate’s responsibility to be sure that ALL required materials are submitted by the filing deadline to be given consideration.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary Range: $69,219-$97,190 (2020/21 Faculty Salary Schedule); teaching experience, other related professional experience, and academic degrees determine salary placement on a schedule that is competitive with other California Community Colleges. Contracted salary is for 177 days per year (August through May) as specified in the All Faculty Association Contract, Article 8. AFA Contract – Articles
- Fringe benefits: The District offers a competitive benefit package which includes health & welfare (medical/dental/vision/life/long-term disability) benefits for employees and eligible dependents.
- Housing Assistance: Reduced fees for mortgage loans and real estate services may be available to the candidate selected for this position (contact Human Resources for more information).
We are seeking equity-minded faculty who are committed to educating our diverse student population. SRJC supports equal access for all students, multi-ethnic global perspectives, and cultural competencies. We value diversity that supports honesty and integrity in an environment of collegiality and mutual respect and compassion that includes civic engagement opportunities that contribute to real world problem solving and empathy to identify the challenges and address the needs of others. Candidates must have demonstrated instructional skills to join our outstanding team of faculty, staff and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
This is a full-time, continuing contract position in the Learning Resources Department at Santa Rosa Junior College, beginning Fall Semester, August 2021. Appointments are contingent upon funding and Board approval.
January 17, 2021
CSU Channel Islands Broome Library has a temporary, full-time Public Services Librarian position open for spring. The application can be located at csucifacultyjobs.com.
Placing students at the center of the educational experience, California State University Channel Islands provides undergraduate and graduate education that facilitates learning within and across disciplines through integrative approaches, emphasizes experiential and service learning, and graduates students with multicultural and international perspectives.
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position will work providing reference services to the campus community, and may include nights and weekends . The person in this position may also be assigned to work on project-related assignments such as LibGuides, copy cataloging, digital initiatives, developing outreach materials, teaching in the library instruction program, and other work.
Minimum Degree Requirements
- Applicants must have an ALA-accredited Masters degree in library and information science or a closely related field. ABD candidates will be considered but must have completed the MLS degree by January 20, 2021.
- Master of Library Science (or equivalent) from an ALA accredited program
- Experience providing reference services
- Evidence of a strong commitment to service excellence to a diverse community including a focus on first-generation, Latinx, African-American, Native American, and other minoritized groups
- Evidence of flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work successfully in a complex, dynamic, and diverse environment with competing demands
- Evidence of effective cross-cultural interpersonal and communication skills (i.e., multicultural competencies)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively in a diverse community
- Applicants should demonstrate the commitment to effectively work with and engage a diverse student population and evidence of successful mentoring minoritized students with special focus on Latinx, African-American, and Native American students.
- As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a ‘mandated reporter’ under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- Experience with Photoshop, LibGuides, Alma, Canvas, familiarity with bibliographic record formats and metadata systems is helpful.
January 17, 2021
Head, Metadata Services
University of California, Berkeley Library
Hiring range: Librarian
Salary Range: $86, 534 to $104,276 annually (salary based on qualifications)
This is a full time appointment
The University of California, Berkeley Library seeks an innovative and engaged information professional to lead the Metadata Services unit and to help provide guidance and strategic direction for the future of resource description for the Library, colleagues in the UC consortium, and beyond.
Read the rest of this entry »
January 8, 2021
San Francisco State University’s J. Paul Leonard Library is a busy, teaching-oriented institution supporting a community of 25,000 students as well as faculty and staff. The library seeks applicants for a Research, Outreach, and Instruction Librarian and Business Liaison with experience, education, and/or interest in business. This position will work collaboratively with other liaison librarians to proactively develop partnerships with faculty to develop and deliver services that support the university’s teaching, learning, and research initiatives.
- Providing general research assistance to the San Francisco State community.
- Teaching information literacy instruction sessions.
- Participating in the development of outreach and instructional materials.
- Serving as a liaison to assigned academic departments, including programs in the College of Business and potentially other programs as needed.
- Provide specialized research consultation services for the academic business community.
- Contributing to collection development related projects.
- Participating collegially in the collaborative development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of library resources, services, policies, and procedures.
Read the rest of this entry »