PAULINA JUNE AND GEORGE POLLAK LIBRARY CSUF
Electronic Resources Librarian
Full-Time Temporary Librarian
As a member of the Collections and Processing Services Unit, the ER Librarian takes the leadership role in the management of the Library’s electronic resources. In close collaboration with personnel from various Library units, the ER Librarian coordinates support for the acquisition, processing, and maintenance of electronic resources throughout their life cycle. The successful candidate will oversee the maintenance of the Library’s electronic resource management (ERM) system, and the implementation of relevant portions of a new unified library management system (ULMS), such as Alma. The ER Librarian will implement new tools, features, and programs that enhance and improve electronic resource access and usability.
- Manages the workflow related to updating and maintaining SFX, Verde, EZ-Proxy and ER-related unified library management system (ULMS) applications.
- Oversees the implementation of ER-related portions of a new ULMS, including the data preparation for migration.
- Leads regular electronic resource working group meetings.
- Serves as the technical expert for SFX and Verde and oversees the management of each.
- Ensures the accurate recording and maintenance of all administrative data for the Library’s electronic resource subscriptions.
- Conducts research and analysis of products, aggregators, and services, providing technical reviews as needed.
- Generates usage reports for electronic resources and contributes to a variety of data analysis projects.
- Contributes to the assessment and evaluation of electronic resources and their delivery systems.
- Monitors developments in the e-publishing industry, trends in the management and provision of library information resources and related issues.
- Provides limited direct public services to users at the Reference Desk.
- Assists users by troubleshooting electronic resource problems.
- May serve on department, library, and university committees.
- Master’s degree in library and/or information science from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent institution by the time of appointment.
- Experience supporting the management and/or acquisition of electronic resources in an academic or research library.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, implement and adapt to evolving technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate user needs and seek ways of providing satisfactory solutions.
- Ability to read and synthesize technical documentation and explore solutions independently.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Effectiveness in balancing multiple assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to interact collaboratively and work effectively with cross-organizational teams.
- Ability to interact effectively in a multicultural environment with co-workers, library users, discipline faculty, and the wider campus community.
- Experience working with OpenURL/link resolver software, ERMS, or the management of electronic resources.
- Experience with the acquisitions and/or cataloging components of the Millennium/Innovative Interfaces, Inc. integrated library system (ILS) or another ILS or ULMS.
- Experience supervising or training in the use of new technologies.
- Experience with data normalization and migration.
- Experience working in a consortial environment.
Rank & Salary The position will be at the rank of Assistant Librarian. Salary range will be from $49,224 to $66,168, commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent comprehensive benefits are available and include health/vision/dental plans, optional 10/12 month work year; defined-benefit retirement through the state system, along with optional tax-sheltering opportunities; as well as access to campus child-care. For a detailed description of benefits, go to http://hr.fullerton.edu/payroll_benefits/HealthCarePlans.asp
Appointment Date August 24, 2015
Application Procedure A complete online application must be submitted in order to receive consideration.
To apply, please go to: https://apps.fullerton.edu/FacultyRecruitmentApplicant/SearchJobPosting
to view all job listings or type in XXXXBR in the “Search By Requisition ID Number” to begin the application process and upload the following materials:
- Letters of interest (relating your experience to the required qualifications)
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of reference (see instruction below)
On the References page of the online application, enter information and email addresses for three referents who will provide a confidential letter of reference for your application. They will immediately receive a request via email along with information on uploading the letter. You will be able to verify that each letter has been received by CSUF by logging back in to the recruitment system.
Application Deadline For full consideration, all application materials should be received by July 8, 2015. Position will remain open until filled.