San José State University
Job Title: Library Financial Analyst
Job ID: 23638
Full/Part time: Full-time
Department: University Library
About the Position
The University Library’s Financial Analyst works respectfully and cooperatively with employees of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library to perform duties under general supervision, but works independently to achieve specified outcomes reporting to the Manager of Budget, Facilities, and HR, University Library. King Library is a unique collaboration between the City of San José and the San José State University.
This position is responsible for the library’s fiscal operations including: overseeing the daily operations of the library’s acquisitions budget and procurement of library materials, overseeing deposits and allocations into the library’s various accounts, analyzing all library expenditures against budget to make accurate projections for fiscal year-end closing, and compiling data related to the library’s financial and operational activities to generate reports for management. The incumbent in this position is the primary lead in generating consolidated reports that bring together the accounting of the San José Public Library and the University Library to report King library budget and expenditures.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
– Processes staff travel reimbursement, monitors travel expenditures against approved budget. Prepares reports for management. Reconciles internal travel spreadsheet with all actual expenditures with Data warehouse working closing with the Associate Dean’s Administrative Specialist
– Oversees year-end closing to reconcile Library accounts and to accrue encumbered library materials’ expenditures
– Coordinates with Technical Services to prepare library materials statistics in volumes received through purchasing and gift donations
– Processes all purchasing requests and personnel forms for non-acquisition expenditures for Tower and Research Foundations.
– Prepares monthly financial statements summarizing all Library funds for Library management. Assists in developing library financial presentations
– Prepares financial statistics for national library surveys and Library’s Five Year Report. Maintains historical data of library financial information
– Collaborates with the City and University Library Circulation and Accounting offices to reimburse the University for book fines and fees. Oversees the accuracy of billing processes, money collection, and records reconciliation. Initiates invoicing the City for the University Library’s portion
– Oversees the accuracy of deposit revenues collected through various library activities, expense reimbursement per the Operating Agreement with the City, rents from non-sponsored events, commissions by Spartan Shops, service charges by Interlibrary Services and Special Collection departments
Link to Apply to the Position: http://apptrkr.com/779987